Monday, February 26, 2007

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

So this was my biggest week to date ... 14 hours of training! 95 miles on the bike, 19 miles running ,and over 7000 yards in the pool. My distances on the bike and run are a few miles shy of what I'll be doing on race day, and I will be THRILLED if I finish the race in 14 hours.

The good news is that I bought a new bike (thanks Uncle Dick!) It's a 2006 Trek 5200, all carbon with Ultegra components. I was able to get all of the accessories -- pedals, shoes, aero bars, computer -- with my gift certificate to B & L Bikes in San Diego. This was my fundraising prize from CAF. It's all pretty sweet. I did a 70 mile ride yesterday. There are a few minor adjustments that need to be made, but overall I am very pleased. Yee Haw!!

I had to work Saturday morning at 9:00 so I got up at 4:30 to run my 10 miles. It was dark and a little chilly, but I always do my week day runs in the morning ... it's such a beautiful, peaceful time, and I see the same people and we say hello. Well, none of the regulars were out this early on a Saturday. In fact, not too many people were out at all. A few blocks from my house, I see a guy leaning against the wall of a fancy hotel. He was wearing jeans and a hooded sweatshirt. I thought maybe he worked at the hotel and said "good morning." Just as he replied "good morning" I realized what he was doing ... he was masturbating! Good God! Don't you have anywhere private to do that! Needless to say, I picked up the pace. The rest of the run was uneventful.

Time to go to work. Thanks for reading.

No comments: