Monday, February 12, 2007

It's About Time

Welcome to my Blog!
I know I'm a bit behind the times, but here I go into the blogging world. So, my big race, IronMan Coeur d'Alene, is just 4 months away, and I have been training since November. I would have started a Blog sooner, but I've been a little busy. This post should catch you up.

In October I received a postcard from TNT announcing their schedule. I was aware of their marathon training programs, but since I had already run 6 marathons I almost threw the card away. Before I did that though, I said, "The only way I'd join TNT is if they were training for an Ironman," thinking that there was NO way they would be. I opened it up, and there it was .... my destiny ... IronTEAM! I signed up on October 14th. This was a BIG decision.

On October 19th doctors found a tumor on my Mom's lung. Three months later my Mom passed away. This was HUGE. She was my greatest cheerleader. She came to every softball and soccer game when I was a kid. She was at my very first triathlon, and she thought I could WIN!! The death of my mother has rocked my world.

My training has kept me sane, my teammates have been a great support, and fundraising for such a worthy cause has given me purpose at a time I might otherwise have felt lost. Speaking of which, I have fundraising deadline looming ... I need to have $4200 raised by March 2nd. I need $1800 more to make that goal. If you can, please donate today! And spread the word. Please and thank you!

No comments: