Monday, February 19, 2007

Well, I'm another week closer to my goal! Last week was a good one, and I do feel rested even though Saturday's workout was pretty tough. We did a 50 mile bike ride that was mostly flat but with a few good hills in Palos Verdes. The temps were well into the 80s though, and it rarely gets that hot here even during the summer. I did my best to stay hydrated and felt good. I did a 40 minute run right off the bike. The first 10 minutes are always so hard. I was not breaking any speed records, but I felt like I could have kept at it for a while more. So that's a good thing.

Sunday was a 2k timed swim to keep track of our progress. I have gotten better but still have a lot of work to do. Conveniently enough, this week is a swim week. We will continue with hill repeats on the bike and run, AND we will also build up our swim yardage. Yippee Skippee!! I have added a link to my workout log so you can check up on me.

There is also a link to my fundraising page. If you haven't yet done so, please make a donation today! 75% of your money goes directly to patient resources and research. The other 25% helps with my training and travel to the race. I did Saturday's workout with our honored teammate, Maria. She was diagnosed with Non-Hodgin's Lymphoma in 1998. Today she is strong and healthy and training for an Ironman!! Your donations really do make a difference! You can also help by spreading the word ... Forward my info to family and friends. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.