Monday, June 23, 2008

Two Thirds

Well, my day did not go quite as I had planned .... my first DNF (did not finish). Except for a bruised ego, I'm fine. My stomach was doing flips for most of the bike ride, and I just couldn't take in enough nutrition. I didn't quit, even though I did think about it. At about mile 80, I knew it was going to be close, but I pushed and rode as hard as I could. I thought I had made it, handed my bike off to a volunteer, and was heading towards the change tent. That's when a man asked for my timing chip. I asked what time it was, he said he was sorry but that I had missed it by a minute or two. He never did tell me what time it was.

I am disappointed and sad. It was a tough ride home today -- the plane was filled with athletes in their finisher's t-shirts. But Horizon Air has free beer. That helped :)

Thanks for your support and concern. I'll write more later.

No comments: