Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ready, Set, Go!

I know I need to write more, but I've got lots to do before my flight tomorrow morning at 9:30. Besides packing, I have to get my hair cut -- gotta look good for that finish line photo :) Yes, I'll have a hat on, but lately I've been sprouting wings.

Anyway, I took antibiotics a couple of weeks ago and have been feeling pretty good. My biggest worry now is the swim. The water in Lake Coeur d'Alene has been very cold. Last week it was 52* but today the temp was up to 56*. Last year I think it was in the low 60s. I bought a new wet suit after Wildflower, and last week I picked up some booties and a neoprene skull cup and bigger goggles, all in hopes that I don't freeze to death.

Last year I finished in 16:40. This year my goal is 15:45. My number is 2212. On race day, look for a link to Athlete Tracker under the "coverage" tab of the event on Ironman.com.

No comments: