Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh No!

18 days until Ironman #2, and I'm feeling sick. Yesterday I was fine. I went to work, I did 40 minutes easy on the trainer, and did laundry. This morning I woke up at 5:00 and did my easy 40 minute run before work. Everything was as usual. At some point at work I noticed that I was feeling a bit achey. I thought it might be a good idea to get a massage after my swim this evening. After my usual lunch of PB & J, carrots, and an orange, my throat started hurting, and I started coughing. At 4:30 I decided to skip the swim (and the massage) and head home to rest. I took my vitamins, drank lots of water, and went straight to the couch. I am hoping that I'll wake up tomorrow, and this cough will be a distant memory. I hate missing a workout, but an extended illness at this point would be much worse. I am hoping I can nip this in the bud!

No comments: