Sunday, December 30, 2007

11:46

For two weeks in a row my total duration of training has reached exactly 11 hours and 46 minutes. I ran more and swam less this week, but still the total time was exactly the same as the week prior. I don't think I could do that again even if I tried. Freaky. Maybe it's a sign that I can finish an Ironman in 11:46. Ha!

Yesterday I rode on PCH in Malibu with the Team. It was a beautiful day with an easy 2 hour ride on the schedule. PCH has some rolling hills and gorgeous views. Seven months ago it was our easy, recovery ride. But yesterday the hills seemed a bit harder than I remember. I'm a little worried about what's gonna happen when we start riding the real hills. Will I be able to make it? Will I be going so slow that I'll just tip over? Or start sliding backward down the hill? I doubt it of course, but still I worry.

Stats for the week of December 17th:
Swim: 6200 yards; 3:00
Bike: 67.0 mi; 4:42
Run: 11.0 mi; 2:04
Weights: 2:00
Total Time: 11 hours, 46 minutes

Stats for the week of December 24th:
Swim: 3050 yd; 1:40*
Bike: 52.3 mi; 3:50
Run: 20.3 mi; 4:01
Weights: 2:15
Total Time: 11 hours, 46 minutes

* I had to cut my swim short on Dec. 24th because of the aqua aerobics class. Those old ladies can be ruthless.

It feels good to be back :)

No comments: