Saturday, September 29, 2007

You DO love hills, Trisha!!

I ran hills this week! Tuesday morning I did some hill repeats in the neighborhood, and this morning I ran 8 miles in Palos Verdes with Maria. It was so nice to have company, and I felt like I was running faster than I have been. But it turns out we ran an average of 12 minute miles. Not so fast after all. But I felt good and there were hills :)

I love hills ... they make me stronger. Years ago, my God daughter, Lucy, called a meeting with me to discuss sand. She was about 3 years old at the time. Her parents were very active in a local organization called Neighbors Against Garbage (NAG), and they took Lucy to many meetings and various protests. Lucy was a pro. We were at the beach, and she asked me if I liked sand. I said no, and calmly voiced my reasons for not liking it. But she would hear NONE of it. She became a bit agitated and said, "You DO like sand, Trisha!!" and she wouldn't let me leave the tent until I agreed that I did indeed like sand.

I have often told myself that I love hills when clearly I don't, but they do make me stronger. I don't know what my "love" of sand has gotten me, but maybe this strategy goes back to that fateful meeting with Lucy. Thanks Lucy!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

That's a good point. Maybe I'll try it when I eat veggies. If I tell myself enough that I love veggies maybe eventually I will. Good job on the hills. Keep up the great work!!

Melissa said...

by the way my daughter's name is Patricia, we call her Tricia and Trish.

Melissa said...

by the way my daughter's name is Patricia, we call her Tricia and Trish.

Melissa said...

by the way my daughter's name is Patricia, we call her Tricia and Trish.

Melissa said...

oops sorry about the multiple posts. I was having computer issues. :-(

Dances with Corgis said...

I like your strategy!