Sunday, November 18, 2007

Big Plans

I bought my plane ticket to Paris today. That's right, I'm going to Paris to run a marathon on April 6th! Don't worry, I'll have plenty of time to see the sites and eat croissants and drink wine :) The race comes at the end of my two week Spring Break so the timing is perfect. My friend and fellow teacher Jeanine is going with me. Actually, I'm going with her. She's a planner and has already worked out almost all of the details. Thanks Jeanine!

The other big news is that I signed up for Ironman Coeur d'Alene again!! Last month I made the decision to be a mentor with Team in Training. The team is training for Wildflower Long and Vineman. So, I had people to train with, but no race. Until now. I love having that goal out there. This year will be a little different. I know that I can do the distance, but I also know the sacrifice it will take to get there.

More about goals (one of which is to post more regularly) in another post ....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Running a marathon in Paris sounds wonderful. I'm so happy for you.

Have fun planning for it.

Hope you had a wonderul Thanksgiving.

Melissa