Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ready or Not, Here I come!

I am almost completely packed, and I hope to be in bed before 9:oo tonight. Laurie is picking me up at 4:00 am tomorrow for the 5 hour drive to Wildflower. I am just now getting excited. I don't feel ready, but I don't think I ever feel ready for a race. And I have finished every race I've started.

Yesterday I took my bike into the shop because my brakes were screeching after a tune up last week. It was suppose to be a very easy fix, but the mechanic found a more serious problem ... cracks in the rear rim. The bike was still under warranty, but he wasn't sure he would be able get a wheel for me before I had to leave. I have to admit, there was a tiny part of me that was relieved, thinking here's a good excuse not to race. But of course, that's not an option, and he did hook me up with a brand new rear wheel. So, I'm off to the races.

Wish me luck. Thanks!

1 comment: