Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Race Report .... A Pictorial

PRE-RACE
Here I am after picking up my "stuff" --timing chip, race numbers, swim cap, etc. They even weighed all athletes.

Shopping with Maria for cool IM apparel.

THE SWIM

2.4 miles, 1:59:08, 128/135 in my age group
I was very nervous about the mass start, but it wasn't so bad. Needless to say, I wasn't out front. I wasn't the last one to enter the water either.


THE BIKE


112 miles, 7:51:46, 107/135
Feeling strong!


THE RUN


26.2 miles, 6:29:55, 114/135
As you can see, I did a lot of walking. The course was beautiful, and I never once thought of giving up.


THE CREW


Liz, Theresa, Tomie, & Jen
They were EVERYWHERE!! Thank you!!!
And thanks to ALL of my fans who were with me in spirit!



THE FINISH

140.6 miles, 16:40:58, 117/135
With Honored Teammate, Maria and Mentor, Dean

Recovery has been good, and I'm even thinking of doing another one. I'll wait for the high to wear off before I make any big decisons though. I will write a real race report soon.

Hugs,

Trish









1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.