Monday, May 14, 2007

six weeks to go!

There are moments when I think that I am nowhere near ready for an Ironman. Like on Saturday at about mile 95 of a 100 mile ride when our Team captain, Christy, said, "You know what would be crazy? Running a marathon after this!" I had to agree. It didn't seem possible, and I didn't even do a swim before the ride. The good news, though, is Sunday I got up and did a 1 mile ocean swim followed by a 13 mile run. I was a bit tired, but I was not sore. Also, I recovered very quickly after the Wildflower race. So I guess I am making progress.

My stats for last week:
swim: 6360 yards
bike: 130 miles
run: 28 miles
total time: 17 hours, 30 minutes

This was by far the biggest week to date. It was also a busy week at work. I was in meetings all day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday plus I had to prepare for a parenting meeting on Thursday and that turned out to be a 12 hour work day. I cut my swim short on Friday, but I did get all my workouts in. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself after June 24th.

No comments: