Monday, April 23, 2007

9 weeks to go ...

Yikes! We're into the single digits! It is so hard to believe that my Ironman race is now just 9 weeks away. I completed my first race of the season yesterday. The Desert Tri in Palm Springs. We did an 80 mile bike ride on Saturday so my legs were a bit fatigued. My time was not as fast as I would have liked, but I finished it in under 3 hours. I felt strong, and I feel great today! I'm not at all sore or fatigued. This was my first lake swim, and I loved it. I may never go back to ocean triathlons again! No waves to worry about and the occasional mouthfuls of water didn't taste too bad. I drifted to the right a lot, and I need to work on that. Going off course in a short race like this isn't such a big deal, but I do not want to swim any farther than 2.4 miles in Coeur d'Alene.

My stats for last week:
swim: 7208 yards
bike: 110 miles
run: 18 miles
total time: 13 hours 16 minutes

I have a big week this week. We have started doing longer midweek workouts with Wednesday being the monster day -- 2 hour bike and a 1 hour 20 minute run. Both are to be done at an easy pace. Last Wednesday it was super windy out so I cut my bike ride short. Hopefully this week I'll be able to get it all in ... 16 hours!

Sunday is my fundraiser in the park. It should be a lot of fun. Beacause I've been so busy with training I don't get to see my friends as often as I would like. So I'm looking forward to catching up with everybody. If you live in the area, please come!

No comments: